Low Volume Manufacturing: The World of Product Design continues to undergo some fundamental and even revolutionary changes. Product lifespans are getting shorter and So it is the expected time to market. As a result, Product
Low Volume Manufacturing: The World of Product Design continues to undergo some fundamental and even revolutionary changes. Product lifespans are getting shorter and So it is the expected time to market. As a result, Product Developers are moving away from Mass Production and towards the world of Low Volume Manufacturing.
Low volume production means that various things to totally different individuals. For us it always interprets into delivery quantities that are (usually) less than 1,000 per month. This is often simply a suggestion. It depends on the part size, its geometry and different factors. Once 1,000 units a month is exceeded, it may be advisable to consider other processes that will be more cost-effective.
Low-volume production parts often serve one (or more of) these purposes:
1. “Replacement” parts for parts that are not any longer in production or area unit otherwise unavailable. These are often parts for repair or refurbishment.
2. They provide a “bridge” between the prototype section and the high-volume production section wherever parts will be manufactured using the assembly (hard) tooling. Some people visits these as pre-production parts.
3. Low-volume production parts are made after the prototype phase. These parts area unit the assembly components and hard tools aren’t paid for or needed.
Depending on the process, tooling and materials being used, Low-Volume Manufacturing generally encompasses the production range of 50 to 1,00,000 parts. Low-Volume Manufacturing can be leveraged by companies of any size, from start-ups to enterpreneurs to large manufactures.
Simple difference b/w Low Volume & High Volume
Benefits of Low Volume Manufacturing
- Low-Volume Manufacturing Saves Money.
- Low-Volume Manufacturing gives Companies Design Flexibility.
- Low-Volume Manufacturing Ensures a Faster Time to Market.
- Low-Volume Provides an option for bridge production.
We at NEXAMS, a Bangalore based 3D Printing Company, using SLS, FDM, SLA, DLMS and Polyjet machines to produce precise, strong and great value parts for all of your rapid prototyping requirements.
Visit our website https://www.nexamspro.com/ Upload STL files, configure your order, pay securely and receive high-resolution prototype parts